100 year old customer!

Richard Oliver Snelson rsnelson@bwsys.net
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 19:17:01 -0600

I tuned this week for a dear lady (100 Years) who couldn't hear a word I
said to her. She kept calling me Mr. Stillwell, which is quite an honor,
as most of you know Ralph from his fond place in PTG history. He's been
in a nursing home for about two years now. His wife calls me with the few
call that still come in. Anyway her, the lady's, beautiful Steinway has
been kept tuned and cared for even though she can't hear to play. She
given it to her grandchild and is keeping it for her. The point of this
story: When I finished she asked me to play for her! I felt a bit sad,
the best I could do was a few bars of Misty. That's what happen when you
start piano lessons at 60+ years. I don't think she heard a note. I
promised to come back next year and be able to play a least all of Misty
for her.  Rich