those pesky swings

J Patrick Draine draine@attbi.com
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 07:30:50 -0500

On Tuesday, December 17, 2002, at 12:17  AM, Bigeartb@aol.com wrote:

> Alan & Wim;
> =A0=A0=A0=A0 The guys at Schaff tell me that Garfield pin block =
restorer has a=20
> drying agent that can be used on bushings swollen from too much=20
> humidity. I don't know what this stuff will do to a tight bushing but=20=

> I'm going to try it.

If you've got junk parts sitting around in the shop that you want to=20
experiment on, go for it. Otherwise stop & think about it. While I=20
might feel comfortable trying the stuff on a chair whose glue joints=20
are loose in the winter, I think you're asking for trouble if you use=20
it on an action center bushing in a customer's piano.

In any event, good luck.

Patrick Draine

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available