Rachmaninoff CD now available online

Ron Overs sec@overspianos.com.au
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 08:48:01 +1100

--============_-1171787998==_ma============
Hi all,

Some months ago I mentioned a soon-to-be-released Rachmaninov CD
which was recorded on our piano no. 003 earlier in the year. The CD
is now available by direct order from the on-line classical music CD
store Buywell.com. You will find their web page on the Rachmaninoff
Lilacs CD at;

http://www.buywell.com/cgi-bin/buywellic2/02145.html
The CD can be ordered direct from this page using American Express,
Diners Club International, Mastercard or Visa. Buywell's price at the
current exchange rate is US$15.25 plus postage.

Pianist: Scott Davie

Piano:  OVERS 225  no. 003

Tracks:

SERGEI RACHMANINOFF (1873-1943)
1)  Margaritki (Daises)

2)  Siren (Lilacs)

3)  Variations on a theme of Corelli, Op. 42 (1931)

      Six moments musicaux, Op. 16 (1896)
4)   No. 1 (Andantino)
5)   No. 2 (Allegretto)
6)   No. 3 (Andante cantabile)
7)   No. 4 (Presto)
8)   No. 5 (Andante sostenuto)
9)   No. 6 (Maestoso)

10) Hopak (after Mussorgsky)

11)  Lullaby (after Tchaikovsky)

12)  The Bumble Bee (after Rimsky-Korsakov)

# of CDs:   1
SKU #:   02145
Label:   ABC Classics
Catalog #:   472 671-2

Web links to MP3 sound samples from this CD can be heard at;

http://overspianos.com.au/samp.html

If you use hi-fi headphones when listening to the samples the sound
quality is quite acceptable. And just in case you're wondering, the
tracks are not heavily EQ'd to make the piano sound like something
that it isn't. The MP3 samples and the CD sound very much like the
real piano.

Best,
Ron O.
--