Need help in locating vintage Steinway Parts

Steven forever.tteot@verizon.net
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 19:14:47 -0500

Hello all,

I bought a 1888 (Feb. 2, 1888) Satin Ebony Steinway B, sn 61488 that was

completely rebuilt by Steinway, but at some point in the piano's life,
an owner "modernized" it with new (from the late 40s/early 50s) legs,
pedal lyre and music desk.  I was offered "A" legs and pedal lyre (pedal

lyre was same for both pianos) by Jordan Kitts Music, who sold me the
piano.  I am looking for the legs that are shown in the Radcliffe book
"Steinway" on page 77 that show the case design for the year 1888.  I
have attached pictures of the illustration in the Steinway book (page
78) which shows both styles of legs and the exact fretwork music desk
that I am looking for.

I am not interested in reproductions, just original vintage Steinway
parts.

I would appreciate it very much if you could let me know if you have the

items that I am
looking for or know of anyone that I could contact for these parts.  I
am trying to bring the piano back to it's original, historically correct

design.

Please let me know if you can help.

I can provide pictures for those interested, but I don't want to clutter

up everyone's mailboxes, if you weren't' able to help.

For pictures, please email me directly at:  forever.tteot@verizon.net

Very sincerely,

Steven Scott
Baltimore, MD