3 gorgeous 1890's Knabe uprights for sale, unrestored.

Sun, 22 Dec 2002 12:53:43 +0100

Hi Terry.

Well, you do run into this kind of thing for sure. I ran into an old
Burely and Boch (never heard of the name before) the other day that had
a bass to die for. Huge big round boomy full sound. Treble and diskant
was not all that bad either, tho there was some degree of falsness.
Still I know of a few S&S grands laying around that dont sound or play
as nicely. The comparision is really meaningless tho as so much has to
do with how the things have been treated through the years. Personally,
I have yet to see a wrecked Steinway that hasnt been.... wrecked. Put
them in a nice climate, and take care of them and they all are nice.
Some better then others to be sure... but just so.

btw... Nice comments from Bill and Dale.

Cheers
RicB

--
Richard Brekne