Hearing the difference-a related question

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 19:17:15 -0500

Steve,
         Congrats on surviving 25 years of teaching! Your terminology with
the use of "Just temperment"is correct at least as far as we're concerned.
I'll answer your question with an observation that has been made any time
on this list and that is that piano work is all about compromises. Anything
and everything you do in this field seems to have some need to give way in
order to accommodate something else of perceived importance. Welcome to the
wonderful world of frustrated bliss!!!

Greg Newell