New Tuner

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 09:55:06 -0500

At 11:14 AM +0100 12/24/02, Richard Brekne wrote:
>It is, however, unfortunate that in the whole
>history of these devices so little emphasis has been placed on using
>them to develope aural skills in tuners of all levels. Perhaps this is
>reflective of a desire to replace the aural tuner, or perhaps its just
>general laziness that drives the market for these things in one
>particular direction, I am not sure.

When it comes to competitive markets, they call it the "race to the
bottom". bedda, chippah, festah. It certainly opens up our business
to the deaf, a segment of the entrepreneurial in our society for whom
aural tuning skills are a formidable obstacle.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"Never try to teach a pig to sing.
It wastes time and annoys the pig."
     ...........Sign on the wall of a college voice teacher's studio.