Buying Parts

J Patrick Draine draine@attbi.com
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 10:22:46 -0800

On Tuesday, December 24, 2002, at 05:29  AM, keys88 wrote:

> Another question as a new tuner, where do most technicians buy their=20=

> repair parts from?=A0=A0=A0 I have only seen limited places on the =
internet,=20
> (one of which is International Piano). Thanks.
> Tom

You'll need to set up an account with supply houses such as Schaff or=20
Pianotech Supply, for example. Professional business stationary (or at=20=

least a business card) may be helpful to verify that you are indeed in=20=

the trade.
This is a good time (no time like the present) to join the Piano=20
Technicians Guild, as well. As you join through your local chapter if=20
you let us know (or remind us) where you live we may be able to direct=20=

you to your local chapter's officers for application.
Among your membership benefits is a "PTG Guide to Resources in Piano=20
Technology & Membership Directory," which is also available to=20
non-members for $20 from the PTG Home Office (816-753-7747,=20
ptg@ptg.org, www.ptg.org). 34 pages of the directory is devoted to=20
major supply houses, piano manufacturers, and niche suppliers and=20
services.

Best wishes,
Patrick Draine
Northeast Regional Vice President, PTG