Baldwin Acrosonic Piano donated to new school

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 23:00:58 -0500

At 10:33 PM -0500 12/26/02, Susan shapiro wrote:
>I have just donated a 1964 Baldwin Acrosonic piano built in a Baker
>furniture case, in excellent condition (after all, it is almost 40
>yrs old) to a brand new charter high school in downtown Boston. It
>was my mother's who is now deceased. She loved it very much and
>cared for it well.
>
>For tax purposes, I have no idea what it is worth so I do not get in
>trouble with the IRS. I am looking for a very conservative street
>value. Does anyone have any idea of the range of prices this might
>be worth?
>Thanks
>Susan

Some of us may be from the Boston area, but I doubt anyone knows your
piano. I don't think that anything we can say will do you any good.
The I.R.S is not going to accept, "Someone on the internet told me".
As the donor, I think it might be possible to suggest that the school
to do the appraisal for you, starting with their regular tuner (or
his recommendation). This is a local situation, not a global one.

Been on the list long?

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"What's this kid good at?
"Oh, lying.
"Great, we'll send her into public relations"
     ...........AM radio psychologist Dr. Joy Browne and the
exasperated mother of a teenager.