PTBiz/PocketPC

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 18:26:01 -0600

Roy:

I have everything on my laptop, and like you I schedule appointments
on it.  I never turn mine off except at night (after I have copied
all the important files to a server here at home) so in the daytime
it is either on, or in suspend mode.  When I close the lid on the
laptop I have it set to go into suspend (standby, whatever) mode.
When I open the lid it comes to life in about 2 seconds.  There is a
hibernate mode also, but it takes a few seconds more to wake up, but
both of those modes are WAY faster than rebooting.

dave

On 12/27/2002 at 5:07 PM Roy Peters wrote:

>List.
>Season's greetings to all of you.
>I have been using PTBiz.  In general it works well for me. The only
>problem is that my schedule is kept on the calendar in my laptop.
Like
>many of you, much of my scheduling is done via the cell phone while
out
>doing tunings. When someone calls to schedule an appointment, I have
>turn on the computer and wait several minutes for it to boot.  For
this
>reason, the idea of going to a PocketPC is appealling. It's not only
>smaller, but there is no boot time, right?  The
>reason I haven't done so yet is that I am not sure how I would use
it
>in conjunction with PTBiz.  I would still like to use PTBiz since
all of
>my customer database is there.  I talked to Ed Winslow(PTBiz)a few
weeks
>ago, and he
>said that he was thinking of writing a PocketPC version this winter,
>but has yet to do so.  His suggestion was to create reports in
PTBiz,
>import them into Excel, and then transfer those files to the
PocketPC.