Adding a soundboard decal AFTER the piano has been re-strung

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 22:41:45 -0500

In a message dated 12/29/2002 10:35:43 PM Eastern Standard Time, forever.tteot@verizon.net writes:

> Hi list,
>
> I have what might be a stupid a question But I will ask anyway).  Would
> it be possible to add the soundboard decal that SHOULD have been put on
> the soundboard BEFORE the piano was re-strung now, without completely
> loosening all of the strings?  It is a varnish/solvent
> transfer decal
> and is about 6"X 15.5".
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Steven

It won't be impossible, but it will be very difficult to do it. A much more efficient way, however, is to use a transfer decal from Decals Unlimited. They are easier to put on, and a lot less messy.

Wim