Lemme Tell Ya'

tune4u@earthlink.net tune4u@earthlink.net
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 17:54:53 -0600

We had some discussions on here about the difficulties for rebuilding =
Chick 1/4 Grands. I have a good customer who had one with a pinblock =
that was on life support, a few shims, etc., and a DC installed in =
March. Since the rebuild idea was a non-starter, customer decided to =
sell his and upgraded (yea!) to a new G. Steck grand.

Well, the lady he sold it to had me out to tune it today. It was =
professionally moved and set up by Modern P. Moving. (The only thing =
amiss was that one of the plastic DC heater-bar clips was broken.)

It had been last tuned by me in September.  Even with it's problems and =
being moved (rather deeply into the hills) It was remarkably close. A4 & =
A3 were still stopping the lights, the temperament was reeeeal close, =
the bass was a little off and the last treble octave a cent or two =
sharp. I could easily have cleaned up a few unisons, tweaked the bass, =
and gone home with a satisfied customer thinking I was Mighty Mouse, =
speed-wise.

I'd like to believe it is my rock-solid hammer technique. Not.=20

It's got to be the Dampp-Chaser!

I know there have been questions and critical comments about DC claims, =
but I've seen some pretty amazing stuff and all of it positive.

And there is money to be made, selling and installing them. Get their =
free sales video. I've sold a few just by having the owner watch the =
video, read the brochure, and/or crank up the DC website while I'm =
tuning the piano. No hard sells, ever!

And no, I don't work for the company. :-)

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO