Cleaning corrosion

w peterson wpeterson2@socal.rr.com
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 20:26:18 -0800

Make sure that you do not breath any of that dust.=20

Bill Peterson
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: keys88=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Monday, December 30, 2002 8:09 PM
  Subject: Fw: Cleaning corrosion

  Folks,=20
  1. While cleaning up this piano, is it permissible to lightly sand the =
inside of the case wooden parts?  This piano looks like it had water =
damage. There is light mold, lightly rotted wood, and the green stain =
from felts on wood parts adjacent to felt parts.=20
  2. Also, the bridal wires and damper wires are really corroded.  I =
found using a Dremel tool with a fine wire brush gets most of it off, =
and then following with a metal polish shines them up real nice.  Do you =
think that is making the metal too bare, and these parts will corrode =
again quickly?

  Thanks
  Tom
  ----- Original Message -----=20