R U Like Me?

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 00:31:07 -0500

At 8:49 PM -0600 12/30/02, <tune4u@earthlink.net> wrote:
>Yes, you guessed it. A little electronic GPS bug on every tool.
>Problem is, GPS only locates to an accuracy of a square meter or two
>.... and I know that dagnabbed screwdriver is already that close to
>me! In fact, it's probably that painful lump under my left hip ...
>nope, that's my key ring ...

If the R&D phase of this scheme is still open, you might try basing
the positioning not with a geo-stationary satellite, but with a
portable beacon, located centrally in the room. At such a range, you
should be accurate to a micron. (Suction-cupped to a window, as high
as possible, it would run on solar energy.)

BTW, did you hear that at the national this summer, our name tags
will be bar-coded. We'll all be issued bar-code readers, which can
identify someone at 150' in 0.3 seconds.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"No, Please wait, you're all individuals" Brain Cohen, exasperated
"Yes, we're all individuals"  the throng assembled in the street
                 below his window, in unison
"I'm not..."  Lone dissenter.
     ...........Monty Python's "Life of Brian"