Pricing Models

Jason Kanter jkanter@rollingball.com
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 22:01:08 -0800

Pricing Models

I am musing about pricing models for tuning. Most tuners seem to charge =
a fixed rate plus additional for a pitch raise. This seems to be =
equivalent to one rate for a one-pass tuning and a second rate (less =
than double) for a two-pass tuning. What variations exist in your =
pricing models?

Does anyone charge a sliding scale based on average cents out-of-tune? =
This would enable a lower rate for pianos that are very close to tune =
(average less than 2 cents flat); it would be relatively easy to =
measure/calculate with an ETD; and it would further incent customers to =
keep their pianos in tune. It might also tally closer with the degree of =
effort to get the piano into proper tune.=20

Reactions?

 jason kanter * piano tuning * piano teaching
 bellevue, wa * 425 562 4127 * cell 425 831 1561
 orcas island * 360 376 2799