where does it break?

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sun, 03 Feb 2002 18:06:54 -0600

> Last week I was tuning a Haines Bros. uprt.  I've had bass wires break
> before, but this time one broke at the loop instead of around the coil. ( I
> was sure glad that action was between the wire and me.)  Just curious - how
> often has this happened to you.  I can only recall one other time that I've
> had this experience in 20+ years.
>
> John R. Fortiner

John,
Had it happen to me once in those 25+ years a couple of years ago. It was
broken when I got there, so I missed the adrenalin part. I spliced on a new
length of wire, made a loop. and it pulled up with the wrap just exactly where
I wanted it. Surprised the heck out of me. No witnesses, naturally, so I
couldn't even try to pretend to anyone that it wasn't wildly dumb luck.

Another day, another trip to the Twilight Zone.

Ron N