where does it break?

Patrick C Poulson pcpoulso@pacbell.net
Sun, 03 Feb 2002 17:09:36 -0800

John: I've had it happen once to me.  Another local tuner had it happen to him in a grand, and the end of the wire whipped up and flicked him in the eye!  He didn't feel anything wrong with the eye but went to an optometrist immediately anyway. Apparently the broken end of the wire just grazed his eyeball and left a red dot there.  A few millimeters closer, and ouch!  He was lucky that time.  Patrick Poulson, RPT
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John R Fortiner
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2002 3:45 PM
  Subject: where does it break?

  Last week I was tuning a Haines Bros. uprt.  I've had bass wires break before, but this time one broke at the loop instead of around the coil. ( I was sure glad that action was between the wire and me.)  Just curious - how often has this happened to you.  I can only recall one other time that I've had this experience in 20+ years.

  John R. Fortiner
  Billings, MT.