Dampp-Chaser.

Roger Wheelock rogmanusa@yahoo.com
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 06:21:41 -0800 (PST)

Hello list,

I am traveling and have not been able to get email
regularly.  So, I offer this somewhat belated
response.

Making adjustments to any component in the system will
void the warranty for that particular component.
While we know there are many competent folks out there
we must draw the line somewhere on the issue of
product modification.  Also we would not be liable for
any adverse effects associated with a modified
component.  We try to be flexible in this.  We know
that a superplug attached to a shortened cord doesn't
present a hazard.  On the other hand a cord that has
been shortened and then reconnected to the plug with
electrician's tape may well cause a problem on down
the road.  To summarize, we have a policy, but we try
to exercise judgement in implementing the policy.

I hope this helps.

Roger Wheelock
Dampp-Chaser Corp.