neumeyer & co.

antares antares@EURONET.NL
Tue, 05 Feb 2002 19:33:48 +0100

NEUMEYER. Gebr. Berlin, Germany, 1905

That's all it says in the Pierce Piano atlas.

Here in Europe Neumeyers are not really outstanding, you hardly see them
anymore.
In the past I have tuned quite a number of them and I can remember that the
tuning pins were a problem because the drilled holes in the iron frame were
a little narrow or maybe simply too small, causing extra friction between
frame and pins.
Not a bad piano, not a great piano. sort of middle of the road and probably
not too expensive in 'those' days.

friendly greetings
from

Antares,