Krakauer console?

Ray T. Bentley Ray@Bentley.net
Wed, 06 Feb 2002 08:16:58 -0600

I had some experience repairing a new one at a dealer recently.  I wouldn't
recommend it to anyone!  I found the workmanship to be very poor!  FWIW.

--
Ray T. Bentley, RPT
Alton, IL
ray@bentley.net
www.ray.bentley.net

The difficult, I do right away.  The impossible takes a little longer.

From: MBailey911@AOL.COM
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 07:59:54 EST
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Krakauer console?

List -

A relative is needing to get a new piano - their house was seriously damaged
by a fire next door, and the old Baldwin console ruined.  They have about
$3000, or perhaps just a little more to work with to get something new.
They talked to a local dealer whose shop evaluated their old piano for the
insurance company.  This dealer is recommending a Krakauer console (model
K433) as a good deal for the amount of money they have to spend.

I've never seen or heard of Krakauer - have any of you?  It's a brand that
was once owned by Kimball, and is now made by a Chinese company called
Artcase.  I know that Chinese pianos don't get good press, but this dealer
is a reputable guy, so I'm curious.  I'm also looking for a decent quality
used piano for them as another option.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Private replies welcome.

Thanks,