Krakauer console?

Mary Tanguay mary.tanguay@snet.net
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 18:28:47 -0500

I think a Kohler & Campbell KC 144 would be a better choice in in the =
$3000. price range. The Kohler is built by Samic.
Fran Tanguay
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: MBailey911@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 7:59 AM
  Subject: Krakauer console?

  List -=20

  A relative is needing to get a new piano - their house was seriously =
damaged by a fire next door, and the old Baldwin console ruined.  They =
have about $3000, or perhaps just a little more to work with to get =
something new.  They talked to a local dealer whose shop evaluated their =
old piano for the insurance company.  This dealer is recommending a =
Krakauer console (model K433) as a good deal for the amount of money =
they have to spend.=20

  I've never seen or heard of Krakauer - have any of you?  It's a brand =
that was once owned by Kimball, and is now made by a Chinese company =
called Artcase.  I know that Chinese pianos don't get good press, but =
this dealer is a reputable guy, so I'm curious.  I'm also looking for a =
decent quality used piano for them as another option.=20

  Any insights would be appreciated.=20

  Private replies welcome.=20

  Thanks,=20
  Mary Bailey=20