Another Buzz

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Thu, 07 Feb 2002 08:29:21 -0500

Terry,

The amount of knowledge you've gained over a short period of time is pretty amazing to me.  (Didn't you say you got into this business just several years ago?)

A few notes about "buzzes that don't matter."  By that I mean, when you are finished with your work they won't be there anymore.

For starters, you don't need to put magazines on the snare drums.  Each one has a lever on the side that lowers the snares (curly wires) away from the bottom head of the drum.  Just go around and flick them all.  Even if you forget to reset them when you're finished, no big deal.  Every snare drummer knows how they work.  I have never found a cymbal to be a problem,
although I guess it could if it's one of those with rivets loosely installed close to the edge to give that particular tone.

I have noticed some buzzes go away when I take my tools off the piano, or even when I'm finished and shut the lid.  Of course I deal with them if they bother me while tuning, but they will never bother the client if the source will have been dealt with before I leave.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT
Lititz, PA, USA