Wierd Pitch Raise Results

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 01:18:36 -0600

>...after the pitch raise pass...was a good 15 to 20 cents sharp...
>Terry Farrell

Terry, List,

There are very few pianos I've encountered over the years that overshoot.
And of course, when it occurs, it is somewhat disappointing and
frustrating, and necessitates an additional tuning pass to be done to
correct the event.

Nevertheless, I enter this fact on the dbase record for the next time I
visit the piano, which alerts me to modify my normal pitch raising
technique, should it need one.  As a result of this act, overshooting no
longer is an issue.

That's about as technical as I get with these remote instances.

I initially liked the laminated soundboard idea that someone else mentioned
as a possibility, but after due consideration, I decided I would experience
many more instances of overshoot situations, if that were indeed the reason.

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731