Weber action too big

MBailey911@AOL.COM MBailey911@AOL.COM
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 11:30:06 EST

In a message dated 2/8/2002 10:09:21 AM Central Standard Time,
Wimblees@aol.com writes:

>  If I recall, there was some talk earlier about Young Chang action brackets
> "growing."

Funny that this should come up in such a timely fashion.  Earlier this week,
I had an 11 year old Young Chang G185 that was blocking terribly (new
customer, just moved to town, called me to tune and said a few notes were
acting funny - I'd say! - the piano was not even remotely playable).

I noticed that the hammers were resting on the rail, but at the specified
distance from the strings, which got me scratching my head.  I figured that
if I brought the hammer line up off the rail far enough, that everything else
was going to be wildly out of place.

Totally perplexed, I called tech support at Young Chang, and they told me
about the growing action brackets.  Thankfully, I hadn't wasted too much time
on a no-win situation.  They're sending out the replacement brackets,
instructions, and the reimbursement form.

Another problem with this action is that the knuckles were creaking and
groaning  (kinda like my knees after a long week).  I used some teflon on
them and that seemed to quiet it down, but I also asked tech support about
that, and they're sending replacement knuckles as well, since I guess that's
another known problem area.  I've never replaced a set of knuckles before,
though, and haven't yet found any articles talking about the procedure - any
advice out there?

Thanks,
Mary Bailey