Typewriter

Fri, 08 Feb 2002 17:46:01 +0100

Clyde Hollinger wrote:

> Friends,
>
> Do all of you have a typewriter?  Do we all need one?  I've had one
> all my adult life, and I use it a lot in my business, but I am sort of
> old-fashioned and not very "with it."  My wife says I should change.

Im not quite sure what you are refering too Clyde.  Typewriter ??? Is
that some friend of yours who writes about different types of somethings
or anothers ? Why would we have that kind of thing ? I think I agree in
principal with your wife.

> My beloved 20-year-old Smith Corona portable finally reached the point
> of no return about a year ago.  I replaced it with a cheap portable,
> which turned out to be so rotten I'd be embarrassed to give it away.
> I am now using a quality machine that I got cheap, but it's eight
> years old and every now and then the electronics in it go into
> conniptions and drive me totally bats.  (You suspected as much -- I
> know, I know!  <G>)  Of course it behaves admirably when I take it to
> the repair shop!

Now you really have me confused. Smith Corona ?? Isnt that some kind of
South American Beer ?

> So I'm thinking of buying a new one, which will probably run $500 and
> which brings me back to my original question.  Does even my little
> office need a typewriter to be adequately appointed?  I say yes; have
> you found the answer to be no?

Well, perhaps I am too  young to know what these things you refer to
are.  I thought they went out just around the same time as the
Gluttonberg Press. In anycase I havent had anyone to write about my
types ever.

I do have something called a Deskjet... tho I have yet to see it zooming
around the room spewing exhaust all over the place :)

> Regards,
> Clyde Hollinger

Cheers !
RicB