Typewriter

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 08 Feb 2002 15:09:58 -0600

> So I'm thinking of buying a new one, which will probably run $500 and which
> brings me back to my original question.  Does even my little office need a
> typewriter to be adequately appointed?  I say yes; have you found the answer
> to be no?
>
> Regards,
> Clyde Hollinger

Hi Clyde,
In my case, no. But that isn't the right question for you. If you like a
typewriter and use one often enough to miss it when it's gone, then your office
needs a typewriter because you need a typewriter. Being less happy,
comfortable, and satisfied with a technologically advanced upgrade isn't a step
in the "write" direction. Work is less like work when it feels right to you.

Don't spring for new just yet though. Put up with your evil little portable for
a while yet and start hitting estate sales. Virtually every single one of them
has at least one functional typewriter that they can't seem to unload by the
time half price day rolls around. Then they will often be willing to take
nearly anything for it unless they think it's an antique. There's bargains to
be had in them technological backwaters.

Ron N