stripped pin

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 18:33:42 EST

<< There was absolutely nothing left to grip in the hammer tip, and various
efforts with various sized tuning tips did nothing to move the pin.

I'm wondering how I get this pin out. >>

Greetings,
   We just had a considerable thread on removal of a broken pin.  You may try
the Pianotek removal tool, or you may attempt to get some vise grips on it.
Failing that, you may need to remove about 3/16" from the top of the pin and
tap a #1 tip onto it firmly enough to back it out.
Thorny problem, make no promises to the customer going into this repair.
Good luck,
Ed Foote RPT