neumeyer & co.

John Delacour JD@Pianomaker.co.uk
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 21:12:47 +0000

At 6:40 PM +0100 9/2/02, antares wrote:
>I have just once seen and tuned this Brinsmead model.
>It seemed very solid and this model was probably the best of Brinsmead ever,
>because later on they produced horrible little uprights with a horrible
>fabrication error : between the bass and the treble the tining pins were too
>positioned too tight.!!

That was no Brinsmead!  It was probably a Kemble, who now own the
Brinsmead name, though they very rarely use it.  The true Brinsmeads
were made till about 1905.  After that, and into the 20's the genius
went out of the design but there were some excellent sounding
instruments made.  From then on, as everywhere, things got worse and
worse.

JD