Yamaha G, C and S series

antares antares@EURONET.NL
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 14:03:30 +0100

G's were cheaper than C's.
For instance because they had different hammers and no sostenuto pedal.
The S-series are hand made. The place where they are 'made by hand' is one
floor higher then the ground floor where the regular series come from.
The difference between the regular series and the hand made ones lies in the
rims, the frames, the materials used and the time the Japanese technicians
use for making it a special instrument.
Voicing for instance takes much and much longer and the voicing technicians
glue the hammers themselves which is quite unusual as most factoried supply
the voicing technicians with actions ready for voicing.

friendly greetings
from

Antares,

Amsterdam, Holland