Junk Pianos

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 13:55:36 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2002 11:16 PM
Subject: Re: Junk Pianos

Hi Del. Yes I do my best to politely inform the owner that their piano is
likely to hold back even a beginner.

+ + ESPECIALLY a beginner!!  It's hard enough mentally mastering the
concepts being taught in lessons, but it is another thing when faced with a
piano that can't respond to even the most elementary interpretations of
those concepts in the name of practice. + +

>>snip<<

And equally unfortunately, if they do find a new piano........he says to her
"hey honey, we can probably get a few hundred bucks for this old piano"!

+ + Then the next owner calls you saying you had been referred by the X
family as someone who has worked on this piano before ... "Can you make it
work well enough for my kids to take lessons on?" + +

Z! Reinhardt  RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net

And hence the topic comes full circle. Who wants to start the trebuchet
thread???

Terry Farrell