butterfly grand

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 21:24:23 EST

In a message dated 2/10/02 8:20:33 PM !!!First Boot!!!, JSmith3109@AOL.COM
writes:

> Help! I tuned a Wurlitzer butterfly grand and the fallboard kept falling
> down. I could not find any spring or place for a spring to hold the
> fallboard
> up. Any help on this please? Thanks.
> J. Smith

I worked on a Wurly Butterfly fall board problem last year. It took a little
doing, but I used a cabinet door clasp, (two parts, one on the door, the
other in the cabinet), I had to remove some of the wood from the fall board
and the cheek block.  I don't remember exactly what I had to do, but I got it
to work. The original spring had broken, and I don't know where to find a
replacement. It is on the bass end of the fall board.

Wim