1/7 Meantone Inappropriate for Beethoven?

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 22:48:09 -0500

How 'bout if we give both of 'em big trebuchets and.....say...... six spinets and a couple of old uprights? That ought to do it!

Terry Farrell

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin E. Ramsey" <ramsey@extremezone.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2002 9:36 PM
Subject: Re: 1/7 Meantone Inappropriate for Beethoven?

    Obviously, the only solution to this problem would be dueling pistols. Or how about dueling rifles at, say, six hundred yards?
    Ed Foote, coming from the South, would however have the advantage. I'll try to think of an appropriate handicap, just to make it fair, and get back to you when I have a possible solution.