Laminated Soundboard Ribs

Phillip L Ford fordpiano@lycos.com
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:53:10 0000

Terry,
What makes you think that the laminated rib would be stiffer than a solid rib of
the same dimensions (assuming the laminations are of the same material as
the solid rib)?

Phil F
---
Phillip Ford
Piano Service & Restoration
1777 Yosemite Ave - 215
San Francisco, CA  94124

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 07:47:43
 Farrell wrote:
>If ribs are supposed to add stiffness to a soundboard, I would think that a laminated rib might offer some advantages. It would be stiffer for the same dimension than a non-laminated rib, and I should think you could control the stiffness to a greater degree. Also, might the rib shape tend to last longer? Has this been explored previously?
>
>Terry Farrell

Go Get It!
Send FREE Valentine eCards with Lycos Greetings
http://greetings.lycos.com