DC burning..hot hot hot

David Renaud drjazzca@yahoo.ca
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 23:17:57 -0500 (EST)

  Client says new dampp-chaser rod is so hot
they can not hold the rod, and it has burned the pads.

  They let it go dry, and according to them the
pads are charred black. I challenged them on perhaps
they became crusty with deposit, and the insist it is
clear they are very black at the rod;ie: burnt.

  I have seen many units go dry, but never seen
blackened pads?

 Anyone seen this before?

  This is a new unit, 3 months old, they have gone
to a stronger wattage, yes.

  I am going there tomorrow, will report back,
but this unique in my experience. Will bring
an extra rod and switch in case. They say it is
dangerous and want some action. Looks like I'd better
do something, perhaps at my cost.

                         Dave Renaud
                         RPT
                         Canada