San Diego

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 22:11:59 -0800

To answer your question you will not need any tools of any kind unless
you are planning on taking an RPT exam.  Even then sometimes they will
lend you some limited tools if you make arrangements in advance.

Beware that with the new security issues it will probably be about
impossible to carry tools on an airplane ever again.  You might be able
to pack them in your check-in baggage but I certainly wouldn't want to
loose my tools that way.  Thanks to a certain idiot radical mid-east
Muslim who shall remain nameless I'm afraid that taking tools to
conventions will be forever changed.  This will also likely effect the
purchasing of new tools at convention too.  Freedom is not free.

Robert Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV