San Diego

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:46:58 -0500

Consider me a pack-rat ...

Bring a roll of packaging tape, some mailing labels, UPS or Fed-Ex forms.
Cardboard boxes can often be found for very little money or even for free
around conventions.  Then pack up your purchases (tools, parts, etc.) and
literature in the box(es) and ship them home.  Sure beats having to lug that
stuff through airports, terminals, checked-baggage services, etc., let alone
having to deal with security issues as noted below.

If you must bring tools to the convention, Fed-Ex them ahead.  Call the
hotel to ask how they handle shipments to their guests.

Z! Reinhardt  RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Goodale" <rrg@unlv.edu>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 1:11 AM
Subject: Re: San Diego

Beware that with the new security issues it will probably be about
impossible to carry tools on an airplane ever again.  You might be able
to pack them in your check-in baggage but I certainly wouldn't want to
loose my tools that way.  Thanks to a certain idiot radical mid-east
Muslim who shall remain nameless I'm afraid that taking tools to
conventions will be forever changed.  This will also likely effect the
purchasing of new tools at convention too.  Freedom is not free.

Robert Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV