pianotech-digest V2002 #262

Joseph Alkana josephspiano@attbi.com
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 07:13:41 -0800

John et al,
I talked to Bill Smith about one piece ivories. He says, yes, some =
pianos did come that way. We didn't narrow down the who, but if Bill =
says they were made then the rest of us can take it to the bank!
Joseph Alkana  RPT
josephspiano@attbi.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: John Ross=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 12:54 AM
  Subject: Re: pianotech-digest V2002 #262

  Hi Alan,
  Thank you.
  I have never seen a piano with the one piece ivories.
  You have received some good advice already.
  I have the feeling that you are going to have to replace the two =
ivories.
  Luckily, with any luck, you should still have the source for the ivory
  available, and should be able to match it, reasonably well. There =
might be
  some from the same batch, so the grain and colour will match.
  Regards,
  John M. Ross
  Windsor, Nova Scotia.
  jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca