Voicing Tool Question

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:01:24 -0800

Terry et al,
My main tool(s), in my "Tuning Kit", are a Renner "Chopstick" and a variable
angle voicing tool with three needles. These are ONLY for minor touch-up
voicing. In my "Voicing" kit, I have 1-long, single needle, 2-2 needle
holders, (each with different length needles), 2-3 needle olde style voicing
tool handles with different length needles, 1- 3 needle tool with "sugar
coating" needles AND (phew!), lastly, I rob my main voicing tool from my
"gorilla kit", which is a really nice Yamaha voicing tool, (as Antares
described). Along with this, in the voicing kit, is acetone, denatured
alcohol, keytop fluid, water clear lacquer, appropriate mixing bottles with
sprill proof caps. Various grades of "backed sandpapers for my paddle
shoe-shining. Also, several blocks for resting hammers on and pieces of
plywood for various supports, etc. Paint brushes, wire brushes ad nauseum.
This "Kit" is about 3"x12"x18" in size. Hope this helps. Probably more than
you wanted to know. <G>
Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)