Twist and Shout

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 20:35:19 -0500

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: J Patrick Draine=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 4:32 PM
  Subject: Re: Twist and Shout

  On Wednesday, February 13, 2002, at 12:34 PM, Z! Reinhardt wrote:

    Hi Everyone --
    =20
    Yesterday was one of those days.  I was called in by a church to try =
to tune a piano=20

  Howdy Zen,
  What kinda piano (brand, model, age)? Rebuilt? Give us more details!

  Patrick

  Hey Patrick!

  It was a Boston UP118 studio, maybe 5 years old.  I have a feeling =
that this is one of those cases that the dealer doesn't want to cover =
the cost of the pin-levelling because it has been so long since it was =
delivered ... and the manufacturer probably feels that such a procedure =
is part of the dealer prep process ... and the church doesn't feel they =
should have to pay for such a job on such a young piano.
  I have no idea who the technician(s) had been before me.  I got called =
in on the recommendation of a member of the congregation.

  Z! Reinhardt  RPT
  Ann Arbor  MI
  diskladame@provide.net