cat on the lid

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 20:46:59 -0500

Funny this subject just came up.  A friend sent me a graphic of a kitty =
litter ad in which a group of cats is contemplating the use of it versus =
using a plant.  Just substitute plant for piano ...!

This very same friend has a piano which serves as a vantage point for =
her cats to a] watch out the windows across the room and b] watch the =
rest of the house.  She keeps a fleeced plastic cover over the piano =
that so far doesn't have any holes in it from claws which makes it easy =
for her to clean off a] cat hair b] cat vomit c] litter material (should =
either cat decide to use the piano that way).

Cats are difficult to train -- they have to be encouraged to stay off =
the piano by having a nicer alternative for window-viewing.  Or, just =
roll with it as my friend has.  I have yet to clean up anything =
disgusting in or on the piano.

Z! Reinhardt  RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: MBailey911@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 5:34 PM
  Subject: Re: cat on the lid

  I like the mousetrap idea suggested previously.  But if that doesn't =
work, rest assured that on the lid is better than on the strings.  =
Without going into the details, you can imagine how unpleasant it was to =
get the call about the old cat that used to sleep on the strings - until =
one day when the old cat didn't manage to get out of the piano in time =
to make it to the litter box...=20

  Mary Bailey=20

  In a message dated 2/13/2002 7:58:49 AM Central Standard Time, =
doepke@fwi.com writes:=20

    Colleges,=20
    How may a client keep her cat from jumping onto the lid of her baby =
grand in=20
    order to look outside?  ( no rude replies, please...although several =
do come=20
    to mind)=20