Voicing Tool Recommendation

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 23:49:06 -0600

Hi Terry,      it is a right angled thingee with a blue anodized finger thumb
type handle, three needles with allen set screws.  It's availiable from
Pianophile in Canada.  Works slick on verticals one you get the knack.

Medium priced voicing tool I would go with the Yamaha type.  If you want to
spend quite a few dollars I saw a a nice heavy tool at the Renner booth in
Reno.   If you voice a lot of Asian grands, a heavy tool works better for me.

Roger

At 11:19 PM 2/13/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Thanks for your input Roger. I'm suprised you did not mention your electric
iron and moist rags! I should have pointed out that I certainly do carry my
iron and raggies with me!

>I have a question on the Japanese set of finger needles for verticals. Is
this
the little voicing tool that Pianotek markets for verticals - looks like a
thick guitar pick with needles coming out one side. Or are you referring to
something else? Where do you find Japanese finger needles? Thanks.