information for a dissertation

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 00:12:08 EST

Tommy Black writes:
<< I once saw Jerry Lee Lewis step onto the keys of a grand piano on stage
during his concert and stomp the keys. There ain't no nice way to tear up a
good piano. Let the performers who enjoy this kind of "noise" bring their own
piano
Sorry, I can not accept this as musical expression.......never could....never
will and I can never accept the destruction of a Steinway. Kimball???Maybe!!!

Greetings,
     Show business is show business.  Ronnie Milsap would always end his show
playing the top octave with the heel of his boot. It drove the crowd nuts, so
what is the occasional cost of a few keytops and hammers compared to a
reputation that fills large rooms?  He never broke anything on that C7midi
grand,  just wore the G, A and some of the B keytops off at the front.  Since
maintenance is my deal, I don't mind replacing the parts that showmanship
wore out!!!
   Pianos are just equipment to entertainers, that's why they often use
fungible instruments and leave the vintage Steinway at home.  You can always
get another C7, they make them by the millions.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT