Prepared Pianos question

Allan L. Gilreath, RPT agilreath@mindspring.com
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 08:54:23 -0500

Assistant Directors: Gary Neie, RPT - Claude Harding, RPT - Joel Jones,
RPT - Laura Olsen, RPT

  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
LHudicek@AOL.COM
  Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2002 7:39 AM
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: Re: Prepared Pianos question

  In a message dated 2/15/2002 1:23:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
joegarrett@earthlink.net writes:

    My opinion is that any musician, (I use the term in a snide way), who
wants
    me to do this sort of thing to a piano, will not only get a HUGE and
    EMPHATIC NO, will get a lecture on having respect for the instrument. I
will
    also suggest that they take up some other line of work. (I can think of
    several that are on their moronic level) And lastly, I will tell them to
    find someone else to do their dirty work. (There are those non-PTG types
    that will do anything for a buck.)
    Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

  I'm sorry you feel this way.  However, pianists are going to do it whether
or not you say "no."  Wouldn't it be better to teach them how to do this
without harming the piano rather than pretended you don't see it?  May I
suggest Alan Eder's video, Non-Traditional Piano Techniques?

  Respecting your opinion but trying to open the mind,
  Laurie