Prepared Pianos question

Sat, 16 Feb 2002 23:19:59 -0800

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Clyde Hollinger=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: February 16, 2002 3:29 PM
  Subject: Re: Prepared Pianos question

  Right on, Del!  When people realize the damage they do may touch their =
own wallets, they become a lot more careful, usually, at least.=20
  Sort of along that line...  Someone on this list may be able to give a =
correct version of the following; I don't remember where I heard or read =
it.  A pianist came in while the piano technician was tuning for a =
concert and insisted that the piano be tuned to A-442.  The technician =
just said, "You put a hundred bucks right here on the piano for the =
extra required work and it shall be done."  To which the artist replied, =
"No, it will be alright."=20

That was generally the practice at the halls where I did concert work. =
Sometimes they went ahead and had it tuned up. Sometimes they would opt =
to leave it at A-440. Sometimes the piano would have drifted there on =
its own and there would be no additional charge. (There was never any =
additional charge to bring it back down to A=3D440 if it had for =
whatever reason drifted up.) =20

Del