voiceing

Tom Servinsky tompiano@gate.net
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 06:20:18 -0500

they too would become annoyed and change their opinion.
Just my 2 cents
Tom Servinsky,RPT
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Phil Bondi=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2002 5:00 PM
  Subject: Re: voiceing

  >Twenty minutes later they all came back _with their teacher_ to make =
sure I wasn't going to >voice the piano down.  Another reminder that =
while we have our opinions, the people who are >doing the playing have =
to have the final say.

  AMEN Dave..it's been my experiences to date that if the customer is =
asking, then there's reason for in-depth discussion..if YOU suggest that =
maybe we can 'do this or do that' to the voice, it is _usually_ met, =
again, my experiences, with a NO verdict,no matter what the shape of the =
hammers are, no matter how tactful you are, and no matter how =
professionally you approach the situation.
  =20
  If someone reading this can tell me what their 'magic' method is for =
getting a piano from sounding like a bucket of broken glass to something =
resembling a piano, I'm listening. There's a few 'buckets' out here that =
could be better if they were 'properly maintained'.
  =20
  AMEN,
  Phil
  =20