Rim Bevel

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 21:42:05 -0600

>My understanding is that the bevel of the inner rim is very important to the
>soundboard maintaining its crown.

I've heard that one too.

>So, the question is do you put a steeper angle on the rim bevel, do you
>angle off the outer 3/4 inches (however wide the inner rim is) of the board
>to match the existing rim bevel, or do you just clamp the darn thing
>together and all seems to work just fine.
>
>Terry Farrell

I don't. I have tried it, but couldn't tell one way or another that there
was any difference in performance other than the difference gotten from
replacing the old dead board with a more nearly working one. But then I
depend on the machined ribs to hold the crown, not the rim bevel.

Ron N