hammer filing, blow distance, regulation

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 12:09:35 +0100

Hello Dave,

Filing and reshaping mean trying to have a good shape not too flat , where
the hammer meet the strings.

Beginners error (that can stay a long time), is to file an shape the thing a
lot an loose so much material that the sound is not more able to be
produced, no speaking of the  length of the parts.

Better learn to obtain an acceptable sound in the hammer grooves, or change
the hammers, that filing those hammers to the wood !

You know I am an old beginner (beginning to be an experienced concert tech
!) so I can tell that and I know why !

Regards !

Isaac OLEG