piano lamps

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 07:42:54 -0500

I just sold a nice one from Schaff to a customer - I think it was $180. They ain't cheap!

Terry Farrell

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Nereson" <dnereson@dimensional.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 3:09 AM
Subject: piano lamps

     When I used to work for a piano dealer, I remember being overwhelmed at
the prices for new piano lamps -- $70 for your typical nice, brass piano
lamp, and that was in the 80's.   I don't know what the good ones sell for
now, but for those who can't see forking out all that dough just for a
stupid lamp, there's one available at Wal-Mart for only $13 !!   Looks just
like the expensive ones to me, and serves the purpose.   Mainstays décor is
the brand; piano desk lamp, model P10XM, bulb not included, but Wal-Mart
also has the bulb, a 60W type T bulb.          --David Nereson, RPT, Denver