Shellac on soundboard

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:43:18 EST

> Hi!
>
> I would like to get some suggestions on how to refinish a grand soundboard
> with shellac.
> Do you apply it with brush? French polish?
>
> I would be grateful for any advice!
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel Lindholm / Sweden

Daniel

Regardless of how or what you do, be sure the sound board is completely free
from old shellac, and free from dirt, etc., before applying the shellac,

I have had good success with spray shellac. But If you are a purist, apply it
with a brush. My refinisher has redone the board with lacquer with good
results.

Wim