Equal Temperament, Oh really, what else is news?

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 20:34:05 EST

In a message dated 2/21/02 6:57:53 PM Central Standard Time,
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net (David Love) writes:

> It's unfortunate that the discussion can't take place without so much

What vitriol and which politics?  Maybe in your mind, yes.  Anteres really
believes that  "most" tuners tune in ET and I don't.  I have plenty of
experience and evidence to formulate my basis for my beliefs.  This is not
the first time I've been called "Don Quixote".  I harly think that is a
reason to change my point of view or the way I present it.  I also happen to
like the book and the musical and will be doing a number from that show in an
upcoming performance.  Anyone can write whatever they want about ET and it is
acceptable but trying to argue against commonly held beliefs is seen as
"ranting and raving", regardless of the tone.

And thanks for you contribution, Conrad, it really does put things into a
nice perspective.  I already know what most of the world thinks about this
and why they think what they do.  What you would have me do after the least
bit of argument is to go away and hide.  Then it wouldn't be vitriolic and
political because your line of thinking would have prevailed.  But so long as
I continue to write about what I think is important and relevant, it bothers
you.

You have a choice, don't read it.  But because you do and you engage in
argument or discussion, it means that you are troubled by what you fear may
really be true but don't want to admit.  Therefore, your best defense is an
offense, an attempt to put it down.

I double dare this CTE guy to put forth his research which shows what he
thinks it does.  It will be about as firmly founded as the "Scientific
Creationism" teachings are that try to prove that the Christian Bible's every
word can be taken literally.  If you want to believe that ET always was and
always will be, it's up to you.  I, for one, believe just the opposite.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin